Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has produced a range of online resources to help speech and language therapists who are either self-employed or are thinking of setting up their independent practice. One of the new resources are free online presentations or ‘webinars’ to give tax help to businesses and the self-employed. There are two types of presentation:
• Live presentation or ‘webinars’ – available on set dates and include a further 30 minutes for a live questions and answer session. They’ll also be available to view from these pages after the event.
• Pre-recorded webinars – available to view at a time to suit you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The webinars cover many different topics including:
• Real Time Information
• business expenses and capital allowances
• first steps as an employer
• the Construction Industry Scheme
• Self Assessment Online
• an overview of limited companies
• how VAT works and many more
The other HMRC resources include a business enterprise e-learning tool to help anyone starting their own business; YouTube videos on a range of subjects; and a ready reckoner calculator to provide guidance on how much money to set aside for tax/national insurance.
Here are all the useful link to the HMRC resources:
HMRC guidance and support document
Online seminars for businesses and the self-employed
Tax guide for Health Professionals
Ready Reckoner calculator tool
Record keeping apps
HMRC webinars June 2015 and July 2015
ASLTIP’s membership has been growing rapidly since 1989. We are a support organisation run by our members. The executive board is always grateful for new members and new ideas.Apply for a membership