We asked our followers on Twitter what their favourite speech and therapy apps are. Here is the list of top five apps:
1. Custom Boards – is an evidence based app designed to serve as a board and activity creator for speech therapists, teachers, special education and parents of children who need symbols to communicate and learn. Custom Boards includes over 11 thousand built in symbols from the Smarty Symbols library and the ability to add your own photos. It allows you to select from a pool of templates in six areas: Devices& Switches, Grids & Boards, Schedules, Activities, Signs, Labels & Worksheets.
2. Articulation Station – is a full featured articulation application to help children as well as adults learn to speak and pronounce their sounds more clearly. Beautiful high quality images represent target words to be practiced in fun-filled activities with the assistance of a Speech-Language Pathologist, teacher or parent.Articulation Station is the only articulation application offering practice at the WORD, SENTENCE and STORY levels all in one app! These activities are so fun your kids will love practicing their sounds and forget they are actually “working” on their articulation.
3. Splingo’s Language Universe –an interactive game designed by Speech and Language Therapists/Pathologists to help children learn listening and language skills. Children will practise their listening and language skills by interacting with the images and animations on the screen to follow Splingo the alien’s spoken instructions. Splingo’s instructions range from a very early level of language development, e.g. single word recognition, to much more complex, e.g. instructions combining several aspects of language at once.
4. Colourful Semantics – Colourful Semantics is an exciting that is based on independent research carried out in the UK to work on developing a child’s: spoken sentences, answering WH-Questions, use of nouns, verbs, prepositions and adjectives, story telling skills, written sentence, written language comprehension.
5. Grid Player – an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) App that helps people who cannot speak or who have unclear speech to communicate. Sentences that you create are spoken out loud. Grid Player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, including those who use symbols. You can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
ASLTIP’s membership has been growing rapidly since 1989. We are a support organisation run by our members. The executive board is always grateful for new members and new ideas.Apply for a membership