ASLTIP hero image

Reply To: Annual Review: from FE to Uni

Lesley Trivedi

EHCPs continue into FE but not HE so will automatically cease when someone goes to university. This was the case with my son a few years ago. You can access support at uni through the Disabled Students Allowance process though they seem more geared up for supplying ‘stuff’ (eg printers) rather than support. In theory the allowance could be used for therapy but it’s all a bit of a new frontier for universities in my experience. 
Best wishes